COVID-19: Updates and Preparedness Information
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Anaconda-Deer Lodge County Current Cases:
Updated: October 19th, 2020
Active Positive County Residents: 91
Active Positive Non-County Residents: 0*
Total cases since March 13th, 2020: 326
*These cases are not reflected on the Montana State Response Mapping system but included for notification for the public and Governor Bullocks Directive regarding mask use.
Know How it Spreads: the following is from the Center of Disease and Prevention*
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- The respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
How to Prevent the spread of Disease:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.(https://youtu.be/d914EnpU4Fo)
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Maintain Social Distancing procedures (6 feet between you and others).
- Stay home if you do not feel well.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Dilution of household bleach (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html)
To make a bleach solution, mix:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or
- 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Other common EPA-registered household disinfectants (https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2)
- There are no alerts at this time.